My sister had the audacity of giving me a deadline to post pictures of my new home. My deadline isn't until 9:00 tomorrow morning (see comments of last post) so I am technically overachieving here by completing it the night before. Before posting the exterior photo of my newly purchased pad, I want to give you a tour of my old place. It was so cute and though we don't live there anymore- I will give you the full tour (I told you I was a procrastinator). So without further ado:
OUT WITH THE OLD

exterior....obviously

family room



kitchen


dining area....the house was under 1300 square feet so we had to be a little creative to make it work=)

In the bottom drawer of that Armour I kept my jeans. The middle drawer held kitchen linens and the top drawer housed our tools. It was awesome.

Living room



Hallway


My tiny bedroom- all three rooms were the same size. I gave John our closet since he had to get ready earlier and confiscating Henry's.


The single bathroom- it worked fine for us. Our Bishop's family shared their single bath with their 5 children until just recently when they were able to upgrade.

Henry's room


Natalie's room


and
IN WITH THE NEW!!!

Tracy- I figured posting pictures of the van was optional since you said "
maybe even the van."
Coming from me you have to take what you can get and you should feel pretty pleased that I actually fulfilled your assignment (I know I am). Perhaps you'll have to assess my blog more often=)
11 comments:
It's so cute! Can't wait to see more pictures! Glad to see you post again. :)
Yay! So fun to have square footage - I'm jealous. And keep up the good blog work, I've been wondering whatever happened to you in internet land.
Ha! It worked! And now all your readers are secretly thanking me for giving you this assignment! Well done, too...I'll give you an "A." The van would have provided a +. Your new house is beautiful! I LOVE it...just darling! Now you have to get on with the decorating so you can post pictures of the inside!
Oh, how I can relate to the tiny sq. footage California rental thing. My clothes are spread between three closets (mine, the play room & the den) and even the garage! Oh, and I've got some in bins under my bed and the boys' bed as well! We've got kitchen stuff (including food) in the hall linen closet right along with the sheets. It's pretty annoying trying to find space for everything. At least we have two (tiny) bathrooms though! I'm so happy that you guys are in a more affordable place now and were able to buy yourself a decent sized home. Maybe someday we can follow suit...
wow! YOur house looks SO cute and big! Good thing about Ohio! And a van... you are all grown up!
Yea !!! Your own home. How exciting.. Talk about sq. Footage. I think we have everyone beat.. 1080 sq ft 1 bath
3 am rooms. We've been here way too long... 11 yrs in march. Bought it as newly weds now have 3 kids & so much stuff. Ike. Can't wait for a bigger and newer home. I think I deserve it... Anyways so happy for u and your cute fam we miss Henry & Natalie so much. Gosh darnit... Znd a can wow girl now you r a minivxn mom welcome
thanks for the update... Look forward to more
Cute new house. Love it!
But what about the inside of the new??? So fun to keep up with the blog! Keep it up!
New assignment: pictures of the inside ASAP! :) LOVE the outside of your new house.
Do I need to assign some more homework, Wendy?
Yes, more homework! :) More pics please!
Love you.
-Linds
Hi Wendy! My name is Jenn Penrod. You don't know me at all, and I hope you don't think I'm weird for posting on your blog. I'm an old friend of John and Laura's when they lived in Iowa. They knew me as Jenn Johnston. :o) Anyway, I just came across your blog from Laura's. I'm not crazy, I promise! :o) It's just fun to see where my old friends end up in life. You guys have an adorable family!! And congratulations on the house, though I guess it's old news now.
Post a Comment