Today is Monday. Three weeks ago we started packing up our home of two years in Springville Utah. Upon completing our packing a few days later (Thursday), I spent a few days with my in-laws in South Jordan while John helped his brother Mark move across the country to Columbus, Ohio. John spent 3 days on the road (Fri-Sun) with his Dad and 2 brothers, only suffering a minor accident in the Taco Bell parking lot while he was eating lunch somewhere in Wyoming or Nebraska....the great plains. The door to his brother's new forester wouldn't open on the passenger side but fortunately it still was in good enough condition to take them the rest of the way to Ohio.
Meanwhile back in Utah I was frantically preparing a talk to give (I was only given a few days notice and I was in the middle of packing...plus, I REALLY worry about writing talks...I think I have already mentioned my feelings of inadequacy with the written word...my written word that is) which I delivered fairly successfully (no one laughed at my 2 jokes and I started crying unexpectedly). Immediately after Sacrament meeting where I delivered my fairway address and without John (as he was in Ohio) I headed down to California with my mother-in-law to move myself, my children, and our Camry to the Golden State. Now, some of you may not feel comfortable taking a road trip with your children and mother-in-law but for me, I was very excited when she offered her assistance. My mother in law is awesome and very fun to be around, but now I am getting sidetracked. We made it to Mesquite that night (Sunday) and drove straight to the airport the next day (Monday) in Ontario, California as she had to be back in Utah by the next day. So 2 weeks ago I had made it to California and stayed with my parents for a couple days, waiting for John. John flew back to Utah 2 weeks ago (Monday night), loaded up the 26-foot truck the next morning (Tuesday) and drove the whole way down joined by my brother James and his brother Daniel. (Do you have a headache yet?) They made it to my parents house that evening and Wednesday morning we drove out to Burbank to unload our junk into our new apartment (it seems like junk when you realize how much stuff you have acquired). My Dad was gracious enough to help us even though he had just come back from Phoenix the day before (Tuesday) to help my sister move into her new house....
We unpacked for the next few days, getting our apartment in working order before leaving for Lake Powell one week ago (yes, another Monday). We had a great time at Lake Powell with some of my siblings, friends, and cousins and made it back to Burbank on Saturday. After a much needed day of rest yesterday John started his new job today!
We unpacked for the next few days, getting our apartment in working order before leaving for Lake Powell one week ago (yes, another Monday). We had a great time at Lake Powell with some of my siblings, friends, and cousins and made it back to Burbank on Saturday. After a much needed day of rest yesterday John started his new job today!
Lake Powell Greetings
Tubing fun (or not so fun for Natalie) with John, Wendy, Natalie, and my brother, Tommy
Riding the waverunner (or "red boat")
Henry and Nana Joan all tuckered out
8 comments:
I am so gad your move went so well! I love the Lake Powell pics. We'll be in San Diego next week and I can't wait for some cooler weather!
Sounds like you have been busy! I'm sad you moved before I made it out to Utah for another visit. But, I suppose you will come to Utah at some point to visit me...right?
Wow Wendy!!!! I'm worn out just reading that post!! Glad that it all seemed to go pretty smoothly. Have fun getting used to your new apartment and making it your own!
Whew! Well looking at the pictures (which I loved) you all are none the worse for wear. You all look great! I esp. loved the picture of "Nana Joan and Henry"... too cute
Phew! That made me tired! :) Glad you're all settled in. I'm excited to see you in a few weeks!
Wow Wendy...you're a trooper. I think I'd be having a nervous breakdown at this point. I hope you guys can settle into your new place quickly. Sounds like an exciting place to live!
wendy, it's melinda!
Happy birthday so so so late. and yes, I found your blog. Maybe we could do a belated birthday lunch when I'm in California from the 22nd-august 6th. Let me know--I know you guys are probably swamped right now. 25 and all grown up ;) love you!
Post a Comment