Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I like St Patrick's Day. It is a fun, quirky holiday where you get to eat green, wear green, and pinch people. Growing up, pinching was taken very seriously. If you didn't have green on, you could legitimately pinch someone, consequence free. One such St. Patrick's Day, many a year ago, my mom came into the kitchen greenless. To counteract the mass of children with pinchers ready she grabbed a green kitchen bowl, placed it on her head , and ran for more safe clothing.

Did I mention my favorite color is green? How great is that? Does your favorite color have a holiday?

This year's highlights included:

wearing the lovely top hat (pictured above) while making dinner, eating green frozen yogurt (mint flavored), and pinching John's bum before he realized his blue shirt wasn't appropriate.


In keeping with the spirit of the holiday- please enjoy the Muppet's rendition of the traditional Irish folk song, "Oh Danny Boy."

6 comments:

Emily said...

you're funny Wendy. I can just picture how much joy you got out of pinching john. :) my favorite color is green too, did you know that? Yessss!

A House United said...

I do love that update! What a fun day! I like the story about your mom. :)

meg said...

glad we weren't around you--we made it out the door yesterday and i realized none of us wore green. next year i will have to make more of that part of the holiday, because you're right--it's so fun! we did make green sugar cookies with green frosting, and leprechauns turned out milk green. Magical.

meg said...

and mint frozen yogurt? sounds magically delicious.

Tracy said...

I totally remember Mom doing that! I have a very clear picture in my head right now of her running around the kitchen with that big green bowl on her head! (I pinch Aaron on the bum even when it's not St. Patrick's Day...scandalous!)

Lindsey said...

Green is the best!! :) Loved the Muppets rendition of "O Danny Boy" - where on earth did you find that?