Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Uno!

Henry had a birthday (you may shout hooray). So what if it was over a month ago? It's never too late for a celebration and never, never, too late to document a milestone =). So, Henry, this one's for you!



The festivities began with a ride aboard the choo choo train. Please note Henry's "Uno" shirt - made by yours truly for the occasion.

Pizza parties are sooo exciting...and delicious!

Fellow party goers - Papa, Dada, Natalie, and cousins Ashley and Johnny. Note John's matching "Uno" shirt =)

Uno cupcake anyone? Before you go thinking I am terribly creative, you must know that the Uno theme was not an original idea. I stole it from THIS blog.


Henry got his own personal cake to enjoy.

just getting started...



...finishing up


One happy customer!


Opening presents is fun!


A birthday for the ages!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! Love the UNO theme ... and I've now spent the last 20 minutes looking at that blog. So cute! Hope you guys are doing well...talk to you later!

dana said...

My friend Lyndsey just showed me your blog and the Uno shirt. AWESOME! I'm so glad the idea is spreading. That's my goal with posting ideas! Your little Uno boy is a cutie!

(p.s. I couldn't get the link to work. I think there were too many "http"s. Just thought I'd mention :))

DA & J said...

A year has gone by so fast! I love the "Uno" theme..maybe for my little girls birthday!

dana said...

Thanks Wendy!
Also, I like how you did the UNO black on a white shirt. The possibilities are endless....
:)

dana said...

You know, someone was asking me that just last night. I'm not sure if I'll be offering that yet. I need to work on sizing. BUT...I'm thinking of doing a simple tutorial. So maybe you'll be able to make one afterall!

Tracy said...

You shouldn't have told us that wasn't your original idea...just kidding. I am still impressed, though, with how well you implemented it.

How did you make his shirt?

The pictures of Henry with the cake are awesome!

Wendy said...

i used an overhead transparency and with an exacto knife i cut away the parts that were going to be black. i then painted them in with black fabric paint. it was really simple.

A House United said...

I LOVE the uno shirts! I am jealous. I want one! :) He looks so much like John to me in some of those pictures. And thanks for wishing me luck on my "date" but he has to say yes first! :)

Danielle said...

how did you make that shirt? you are too talented...need details. how are you btw? things going ok?

Danielle said...

ok...just read other posts and totally don't get how you did it. maybe you need to do a tutorial. since i am lame and once again don't get it.

britta said...

Wendy, AWESOME job with the uno party! How did you do the shirt in the end? With freezer paper? I think I'll do the same thing for Mel.... SO cute! It turned out perfect! I can't believe how adorable your whipper-snappers are. claps all around!

Lindsey said...

Wowsers! Good thing Andy isn't old enough to be jealous of Henry's awesome celebration. All Andy got was a homemade carrot cake. :)