Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Fall




I love the fall. The food, the clothes, the holidays, the pumpkins, the weather and changing leaves ....oh wait- it has been almost 100 degrees for the past few weeks and I haven't noted any trees changing color in Burbank. Let me rephrase that-I love the weather in states with a real fall and I will love the weather once it does cool down. I guess I forgot what fall was like in California, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the other elements that make this season so great.

If any of you are also suffering from a warm fall enjoy this delectable pumpkin recipe:

Frozen Pumpkin Parfait

2 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream – softened

Ingredients for graham cracker crust
2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter

Combine ingredients for graham cracker crust (crumbs, sugar, butter) and press into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Combine remaining ingredients except ice cream. Fold into softened ice cream. Pour into crumb lined pan. Cover and freeze until firm. Cut into squares. Optional: top with whipped cream and chopped pecans.

Natalie at the pumpkin patch with her twin cousins Blake and Tyler

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a perfectly adorable pumpkin...I mean Henry. Henry does seem to be enjoying his pumpikin getup better than Andy.

meg said...

ok, we might have to steal that baby-in-a-pumpkin idea--too cute! henry looks so happy. adorable.
natalie is so pretty! she looks like a sweet girl. glad you had fun at the patch.

Sarah said...

cute lil' pumpkin!