Friday, January 23, 2009

Just a day at the Beach

I apologize to those of you who are viewing this post from colder locations, but perhaps it will help you feel a little bit warmer =)
The Roper family decided to spend its Martin Luther King, Jr. Day at Huntington Beach. With John unemployed, you may think every day is a holiday, but he actually likes to get ready and go to the library everyday (to simulate the office) and conduct his job search there. He began this new routine with the new year, and on the first day, as he was kissing me goodbye, Natalie asked him where he was going, to which he replied, "work." She looked at him somewhat incredulousy and said, "you?!"
Since the library was closed on MLKJ Day, we decided to spend the holiday at our favorite beach.







Huntington Beach is a special one for our family as we lived there for a year while John was working at Boeing. We have good memories of that place...

10 comments:

Becky said...

Natalie's hair is so long! Looks like a fun day, and I'm really jealous of you living in a non-snowy place right now. I wore a short sleeved shirt this week in hopes that maybe if I pretended it was warmer outside, I would feel warmer. Nope...I wore a jacket most of the way anyway.

Mamma Meg said...

We just got 8 inches of snow last night. Boo on you.! But, I am glad someone I know is warm this winter!

The Calder's said...

your kidos are so sweet. I am very happy knowing that some people are warm!! haha

Jess said...

Hey--i miss that place. We need to come back for a visit. Boston always asks when we are going back to Disneyland. Good question I want to go back there. ANyway, I am sorry we have missed each other. I have tried to call you a couple of times, have you gotten my messages? Call me we should catch up. Things have been hectic around here. We are goign to MD this weekend. Long story. My sis in law getting married. We are leaving the kids with my mom and I am nervous and stressed out about it. Hope you are happy. Love you

Tracy said...

Great pictures! Natalie could be a model someday.

Aaron used to spend a lot of time at the library too, when he was out of work. It was really nice some days just having him around though. We really miss him now that he's back to long hours at the office, but the steady paycheck does compensate a little...

Melanie said...

Hi Wendy! I enjoyed catching up with you and your family! Your kiddos are SO cute and growing fast. Jeff is in Los Angeles for work right now. He texted me a picture of him eating IN-N-OUT. I'm way jealous! Keep us posted on John's job search. Miss you!

DA & J said...

I bet it was nice to have a relaxing day at the beach. I wish we lived close to one.

A House United said...

I love the side picture of Natalie. It looks like it belongs in a magazine. Ahhh... I'd love to be at the beach!

britta said...

Oh Natalie! What a funny story! And yes... I'm both jealous and warmed by your pictures. :)

Chelsea said...

I am also jealous of a beach day. I'm begging Derek to take me somewhere warm and soon. P.S. I can't believe how big Henry is. Wasn't he just born yesterday?