Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kiddos Update

Natalie is 3 and 1/2 now and so much fun. She is not "all girl," more like 1/2 princess and 1/2 tomboy. She loves role playing as a princess or a mommy. When she is a princess, she dresses up - naturally - and loves having "teacup" parties and dancing with her Daddy (her "prince" - well, he's actually my prince, but I loan him out). When she is in princess mode, she insists that you call her by her princess name and corrects you if you don't: "No mommy, say thank you, Belle." She also loves playing mommy by putting her doll and animals to bed all over the house. In fact, her new doll is either in a coma or she's a younger Sleeping Beauty because that is all Natalie ever has her do. She gets upset if you are loud around her sleeping "children," though, so this activity can be a bit annoying at times. Okay, so maybe she is 3/4 princess - but not fully because she loves boy things too. She likes playing with toy guns and she loves to play bad guy, monster, and pirates as well. In fact her favorite game to play is "monster game," which involves a great deal of running and screaming.


Natalie officially graduated from nursery and is proud to be a sunbeam. She loves attending primary with the big kids (though you wouldn't know it from this picture...)
In other noteworthy news, Natalie had her first In-N-Out burger (really a "grilled cheese" - a burger without the meat) and to say she enjoyed it would be an understatement. She was literally cheering after each bite. At one point she exclaimed, and I quote, "this is so, so, so, so, yummy!" At another point she got up and hugged me. Wow! I wish she enjoyed my cooking that much. And so I could see how the In-N-Out phenomenon of unnatural love and respect for a fast food chain begins as I witnessed a new fan join the fold.


Henry. Oh, my Henry. What a boy! Henry is practically one year old, and over the last couple weeks, he has become a really proficient walker. His first steps were at 10 months, but it wasn't until recently that he really mastered the skill. Henry loves to be held, and his favorite person is definitely his Nana Joan. He likes my mom better than he likes me, hands down. He is still a pretty good eater (as evidenced by his Chris Farley physique), and he has a very pleasant demeanor. His recent accomplishments include pointing, waving, and the doubling of his vocabulary. He now says, "wow"and "ball," in addition to "mama" and "dada."

Henry loves cars and could be pushed around in this bad boy all day if we had the mind to oblige him.

His love of cars made for excellent behavior during his first haircut a few days ago. Not a single peep out of him the whole time until I removed him from the car/barber chair.

I love my kids- they bring me SO SO SO SO much joy.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Timothy is like Natalie in that when he is wearing his Superman cape, you had better be calling him Superman and not Timothy! He also likes to put his bunny down for naps. Natalie would LOVE playing here if she likes bad guy, monster and pirate games that involve running and screaming. We've also got a pretty good stash of toy guns. The In-N-Out story is hilarious!

Henry is so stinkin' adorable! I wish we had car barber chairs here. My boys would love that.

Brett and Lisa said...

oh my gosh.. that story about Natalie is SO cute! Ryan ate his first in and out tonight and I think if he could talk, he would have had the same reaction! He ate the WHOLE thing! Henry did really good with his haircut! What a sweet boy!

matt said...

Loved the update, Wendy! You had me laughing out loud. :) Blake and Tyler are really excited to come play with Natalie next week.

-Lindsey

DA & J said...

Natalie is so funny! I love the picture of John dipping her.

Harrison's said...

You have such darling kids!! So fun to read the update. I really need to try one of those burgers! Are they only in Cali?

A House United said...

Happy Birthday to Henry! I am thinking of him today! We are getting an In n out burger here in draper soon

britta said...

Darling Darlings. I love EVERYTHING you write. I miss your children, and you too! WOW. I can't believe how big Natalie, and all that Henry can do! Surely they are extremely advanced. Good mothering Wendy. You are my inspiration.

Emily said...

I love it! The in-n-out cracks me up. Maybe we should have an early date night on Thursday one of these days and have Natalie join us. In-n-Out and 21, my two biggest weaknesses. Yummmmm!

meg said...

fun update--i love that last photo of all three of you. i love to read about how happy your kids make you.

Nessa Burt said...

Your kids are SO cute!! Of course she loved in-n-out. We ate there this weekend, and it was delicious! :) Glad to hear you went through a "doggy" phase with your own kids...hopefully Molly grows out of it quickly!!

Jess said...

Oh that little henry. I just could eat him up he is so cute. Hey just saw your comment on my blog. I will call you today promise!!!! Love you