Thursday, May 28, 2009

NEWSFLASH!!!


Together Again.




John





+




Disney




=




Employment




This week marks John's second week in his new position with The Walt Disney Company. After seven months of unemployment...he is right back in Burbank - only this time he will be working in this building...


...and instead of doing workforce analytics in the corporate human resources department, he is doing production finance. Right now he is working on the Princess and the Frog which comes out in December. In the Disney tradition, it is a hand-drawn movie. Check out the trailer HERE.


So John is happily employed once more. His office (no more cubicle) is sandwhiched between two cleanup artists and there are artists and art all over the place, which is clearly more exciting than being surrounded by fellow businessmen.



John got us tickets to see a special screening of Disney/Pixar's UP (which is most excellent, I might add) last week in a small theater within the animation studios. Speaking of Pixar, John pointed out John Lasseter's office to me (whom he saw the other day) while showing me around his new workplace. Though you might get burned, working for Disney does have its perks =) Hooray for more free Disneyland trips!

20 comments:

meg said...

Congratulations! It is so fun to be surrounded by such creative people. I'm really jealous. We're actually contemplating moving back to California for business school next fall.

meg said...

(oops, that last comment was Brad's)

lyndsey said...

wow, talk about an upgrade! those 7 unemployed months sure paid off -- funner work AND an office :)

does this mean you're moving back my way?! not that it matters, i guess, because we are following YOUR trend and moving back to provo in a month for mba school :( sad. but i still highly recommend pasadena!

Amy said...

Wow Wendy, that's awesome!! I would love to have free Disney trips and to see movies before they even come out! How fun!

Mamma Meg said...

Yea!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Becky said...

YAY! So are you moving back to your old apartment? Totally happy for you guys.

L said...

Congrats! All dads should plan their jobs around what sounds coolest to a little girl.

Brett and Lisa said...

we are so happy for you guys! Congrats, John!

The Stapletons said...

Congrats! I'm so glad something so wonderful worked out.

ashley said...

So happy for both of you, and for your lucky kids who get tickets to all things Disney-related. Woo-hoo for paychecks!

DA & J said...

Yea!! John is happy at the happiest place on earth! I am glad that it all worked out. Keep us posted on all the new and upcoming movies!

lyndsey said...

sounds like a very smart plan :) hey, what's your email address? i thought i had it but i don't. can i email you with some random byu-mba questions? :) mine is lyndsey.payzant@gmail.com -- drop me a line.

meg said...

It looks like I already said congratulations, but I'll say it again, as my true self. What a relief to be employed again, and that does sound like a great environment. Congratulations!

Swenson Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you guys. How fun to be back at Disney again.

Tracy said...

I hope they're able to maintain a more stable relationship this time...

Tracy said...

Ooooh, I love movies set in New Orleans. I will definitely have to see The Princess and the Frog. Is it horrible to hope that they both end up human again, unlike in the disappointing Shrek?

Chelsea said...

HURRAY! What great news. I'm so excited that you're back with Disney. Bring on the perks.

britta said...

Hooray! Wahoo! Yippee! We are so excited for you guys!!!!!

Nessa Burt said...

How fun you get to have all of those exciting perks!! What is your email address so I can invite you to my blog?? :)

AlfreySlice said...

Whew! So Happy for you! I know that must have been stressfull on the fam! Way to stay positive and upbeat though Wendy! You're a neat gal!