Sunday, May 10, 2009

Race Day


The West Valley Search and Rescue Run is something my mom has participated in for probably 10 years now. It starts a couple blocks from my parents house and runs through their neighborhood- so whenever I am around in the end of April, I run the 10k with my mom. This year was especially fun because my friend Nichole who was visiting from Miami ran it with us and Natalie ran in the kiddie K which she was particularly proud of. She has informed that when she gets bigger she will be running in races with me and Nana. I honestly wouldn't doubt it coming to fruition. My mom is in such great shape I envision she will be running until she is 80!

Kiddie-K!




One proud momma

Nichole and myself with our children. Nichole is one of those great friends where even when you haven't talked or hung out in forever, it just picks right up the next time you do. :) Thanks for visiting from Miami Coly!

High school BFFs: Wendy, Emily, and Nichole

5 comments:

britta said...

Wendy, you are amazing! And how cute! Natalie is follows in your footsteps!

DA & J said...

Way to go to you and Natalie!

Tracy said...

Is that a picture of you beating Nichole across the finish line? GO WENDY! No, I love Nichole too...I'm glad you guys got to hang out.

Natalie is an adorable little racer!

lyndsey said...

nice work! wow, i can't even imagine running a 10k...you are my hero. and thanks for the link to nichole's blog -- i love adding to my blog stalking list, especially when it's a fellow rancho person :)

Jimmie-Nichole-Koa-Becks said...

Wendy,
I love it! Thanks for all the fun times together for those three weeks. We had a blast . Can't wait for more fun adventures, you are the best! Tracy is right, you beat me fair and square... way to fast for me!